Many of our community volunteering events are organized by Malama Maui Nui (formerly known as CWD or Community Workday). Malama Maui Nui is a group of volunteers who orchestrate change one day at a time by creating volunteer opportunities 5 days a week at various locations across Maui. Opportunities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing school gardens to empower our youth with food security and self-reliance
- Restoring native lands and habitats
- Facilitating recycling (batteries, paint, large items, etc)
- Creating programs that will beautify, enhance, and empower the people of Maui
For more information on any of the Malama Maui Nui volunteering events please contact the director: Rebekah Kuby (808) 877-2524.
Share your Volunteering Opportunity!
Have a volunteering event you would like to share with the community? We gladly support & encourage you to share events with the HFUU community as long as it follows our HFUU criteria:
1. The event promotes sustainable agricultural practices (growing of food, fuel, or fiber).
2. The event is community centered and promotes education.
3. The event is a PRO event, promoting sustainable or ecological change.
If your event follows these criteria, contact us with a brief description of your event (100 words or less), date and time of the event, location, and a flyer or image to be published (.pdf or .jpeg).